Yeh, that’s the pulse of a cocked Firearm waiting to blast into the face of a hopeless nameless soul (they ran out of ammo) – that’s right things are heating up here in gunlund aka FA-land – Classic Firearms HL is being enjoyed and we think you all should know this, better yet, you could be IN this, prone and ready to claim the helmet of your cross+hair’s desire. Upgrading to Marks 2 ’cause you’re above ten while the lighting and artillery bombastically invade both choke-points.
Facebook group FAvet – Firearms Veterans links you to the action. Games are being enjoyed, probably even now (depending upon your time-zone.) Link up with your gaming friends, get in touch with Eric Kristoffersen on Facebook and share your history with Firearms to gain access into this group today!!
Visit the Forums to follow the FAvet Facebook group thread.
Welcome and let’s play FA:S 2.0.2!
Head on over to the Downloads Page to get started!
We are looking for experienced C++ programmers who can help us get Firearms on the 2013 Source Engine, and on STEAM where Firearms deserves to be. Valve gave us the green light back before Greenlight was an actual thing, so Firearms will be officially on Steam. Spread the word, tell all our programming friends the opportunity!
BIG SHOUT out to Bob_Gneu for his programming help on 2.0.1′s release, his understanding of Source and experience with our code base (he co-programmed FA:S on the Orange Box engine) has given us this game we love! And, a warm congratulations to you and your family Bob on the birth of your new twins, bless’ed be to your family :D !
Now, onto the changelog for the 2.0.2 update:
- Armor durability bug resolved. Armor max HP should no longer affect it’s absorption factor. This has necessitated the following rebalance of armor values for 2.0.2:
- Light armor absorption factor increased from 50% to 60%.
- Medium armor absorption factor increased from 62% to 70% (was effectively 77.5% with the bug).
- Heavy armor absorption factor increased from 75% to 80% (was effectively 112.5% with the bug).
- These values equate to a 10% increase in damage absorbed by an undamaged Light armour piece, a 7.5% decrease for Medium, and a 20% decrease for Heavy.
- Unique headshot modifiers added for several weapon classes:
- Semi-auto sniper rifles/DMR’s: 3.0x
- Bolt-action & Antimaterial sniper rifles: 4.0x
- Slug Shotguns: 3.5x
- Raging Bull: 4.0x
- The third skill level of Recon now grants a deployable proximity sensor. These can be placed and replaced just like claymores, persist over multiple lives until destroyed or replaced, and will mark enemies’ locations in 3D space for a brief period if they enter its line of sight.
- Updated maps: tc_lugar, tc_frostbite, as_caliber, gg_dredge. Frostbite now has player clips to prevent exploiting.
- Updated ironsight positions for: Desert Eagle, Raging Bull, oTS-33, Mac11, SG552, SG550, M14, M60.
- Fixed RPK PSO-1 scope attachment from not aligning properly.
- Updated weapon animations for P226.
- Updated weapon sounds for: AK47, AK74, M14, SG552, SKS, RPK47 Suppressed and P226.
- Glock20 has about a 20% recoil gain to balance it better against the p226.
- Added bipod ironsight functionality for: M60, RPK, Minimi.
- New ‘Work-in-Progress’ maps: tc_hangar, gg_gravitas.
- New environment art models and textures.
- New weapon animations for the Sterling SMG and knife.
- Weapons with a fire_last animation now play the fire_last animation.
- M79 updates the ammo counter on reloads when the tube is closed.
- SG550 Sniper now can receive ammo from an Ammo Box.
- MP5k extended mag and SKS 20rd mag attachments added for Gungame.
- Made all models and materials have lowercase text to future proof us for Linux.
- Replaced gamestartup2.mp3 (Off The Rails by Rubes) with our own FA:S Remix of Nine Inch Nails’ Survivalism.
- When returning to the loadout menu, your previously selected armor becomes “un-checked”. Remember to reselect your armor otherwise it will default to Light armor.
This Garry’s Mod weapon addon puts the first installment of the Firearms: Source 2.0 arsenal in your hands!
SWEPS (Scripted Weapons) created by Spy.
Check out the Steam Community page for instructions and useful commands.
Keep an eye out as more guns and updates get added to the workshop.
Current weapon list:
…More to come!